Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Why I Beleive

People are Christians for many different reasons. Some are simply afraid they will go to hell if they don't. Others believe because it's what they've been taught. Some because they think it makes them lead a better life.

I believe because of what I've seen evidenced in my life.

I've seen what happens to my life when I turn from God. I end up feeling hopeless, depressed, and bad stuff starts happening in my life. I always made the biggest mistakes when I wasn't walking with Christ.

I have also seen what my life is like with Christ as the center. I have joy, hope, and peace. I am able to withstand the trials of life, and my mistakes aren't quite as bad. I've seen God help me through the difficult times and give me strength to endure them.

Then there have been miracles that I've witnessed and watched God provide in impossible circumstances.

I witnessed my husband make a full recovery from a brain injury when he was supposed to need 24-hr care for the rest of his life. God answered very specific prayers during those times.

I watched God provide for us financially during that same time when neither one of us had any income.

I am different because of the changes God has made in me.

I believe in God because He gives me a purpose for my life. I believe because I hate my life without Him. I believe because there is no way that I would be where I am in life without Him. I am able to have peace and joy in my life through all circumstances. Even when my husband was lying unconscious in a hospital room, I had peace that whatever happened, God was in control.

I believe because God loved me so much, He sent His only Son to die for my sins even though I did nothing to deserve it. I believe because I can't deny what God has done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment