Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Benefits of Coconut Oil

My newest favorite thing is coconut oil! It’s awesome and can be used for just about everything!

Here are 10 ways that I’ve used it and my thoughts:

1. Shaving cream: This left pretty bad razor burn. I saw a recipe though to make an actual shaving cream as opposed to using straight coconut oil that I want to try. I’ll keep you posted when that happens.

2. After shave cream: Worked great on the razor burn left from shaving with it! It was very soothing. I added a little lavender and that makes it even better.

3. Lotion: Makes my skin super soft, but a little goes a long way! (You can read about that lesson here)

4. Toothpaste: I used it as a base for a toothpaste recipe I found, it works great, but doesn’t feel like the toothpaste I’m used to. It does help with my teeth sensitivity though and my teeth seem whiter.

5. Oil Pulling: You are probably wondering “what in the world is oil pulling?” Well I’m glad you asked…All you do is put a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth and gently swish around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes. I add a drop of Thieves to mine, it helps with the taste, and it kills germs so that’s an added plus. It has all kinds of great benefits. The benefits that I’ve noticed are less teeth sensitivity, whitens, cleans, breaks down tarter build up, freshens breath, and helps with swollen or red gums. I’ve heard that it can also help with headaches, detox, and even reverse tooth decay!

6. Sunburns: Last time I had a sunburn, I used this and didn’t even peel! I did add lavender to the coconut oil for the sunburn.

7. Bug Bites: Helps reduce the itching. (Again, the lavender was added-really I just made a jar of coconut and lavender cause the 2 are great together).

8. Eye Makeup Remover: Worked great, and it even doubles as a wrinkle cream, left my eyes feeling very soft.

9. Hair Serum: Only use a tiny bit cause otherwise it will make your hair greasy! When I used the right amount, it helped with the frizz and made my hair smoother.

10. Hair Conditioner: Made my hair soft and smooth.

And don’t forget that it is food, so it’s also great for cooking!

You can get coconut oil at most grocery or health food stores, just make sure it's organic, unrefined, and cold pressed.

If you are wondering where you can get your own Thieves and/or Lavender you can do so on Young Living's Website just make sure that when it asks for the Sponsor and Enroller ID you enter #1671443. Or you can visit My Website.

Have you used coconut oil? If so, what for, and how did it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment