Wednesday, July 16, 2014

DIY Body Wash

I made my own body wash this week. It's great because I know there are no harmful chemicals in it, and it's much cheaper than buying organic body wash.



Here's what I used:

2/3 C Liquid Castile Soap
1/4 C Raw Unfiltered Honey
1 Tbl Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
2 tsp Jojoba or Olive Oil
20 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
5 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil

I just combined all the ingredients into an empty bottle of store bought body wash. The first time you have to shake it up pretty good, but after about a day just a gentle shake is all you need before applying to a wash cloth or lufa.



This recipe does make a liquid. You can put it in a foaming dispenser if you prefer it that way. I just pour some on my lufa and it lathers great.

Why I chose these ingredients:

*Castile Soap gives you suds without the added chemicals.

*Honey helps your skin retain moisture and elasticity without drying it out.

*Coconut Oil is great for the skin. It moisturizes, but it also helps kill germs, reduce the appearance of stretch marks, and wrinkles, and smells good.

*Jojoba or Olive Oil gives your skin added moisture. You may not even need to moisturize after using this soap.

*Lavender Essential Oil smells good, is great for acne, eczema, psoriasis, and just good for your skin in       general.

*Tea Tree Essential Oil is great for killing germs, fighting acne, and helps oily skin. This has a strong scent though, so you don't need much.

You can add other essential oils as you choose that are great for the skin. I think next time I will add some peppermint for the smell, but also because it has cooling and stimulating properties.

Want your own essential oils? You can get them at cnbachus.wix.com/m613oils

No comments:

Post a Comment